POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: Ken
Date: 27 Aug 2003 09:17:35
Message: <3F4CAEFD.188083B0@pacbell.net>
Martin Belair wrote:

> "Stefan Persson" <azy### [at] teliacom> wrote in news:3f476202$1
> @news.povray.org:
>
> > This is just a humble request:
>
> Well, I almost agree 100% with you. Excecpt the PNG part: I hate PNG files.
>
> Another thing to consider is the yEnc format for posting in newsgroup. It is
> very good and becomming wide spread.
>
> Some newsreader got it embeded in, like Xnews. If you want to know more, go
> there:
>
> For Yenc encoding: http://www.yenc.org/
>
> For Xnews: http://xnews.newsguy.com/

I am against yenc encoding for the simple reason that most major news reading
programs do not support it at this time. I refuse to install even more software
just to support another encoding method that has not yet seen wide spread
acceptance. If you want the majority of people who visit this server to view
your work use an encoding method that everyone can see even with their ancient
news readers.

--
Ken Tyler